FEAR. Face Everything And RISE. This is the next step in your True North Endurance journey. A step above our introductory RISE event. You will be pushed further, move out of comfort zone and learn more about what you can truly accomplish in life. While teamwork is absolutely critical to the completion of this event, there will be individual challenges along the way and everyone may not finish. Each event will be unique and last 8+ hours. Every event will feature a service component to it.
Date: Friday and Saturday, October 1-2, 2021
Time: Check in will start at 9:30 PM sharp with the event kicking off at 10:00 PM. Do not be late.
Location: Beck Family Farms - 100 S 300 W, Centerfield, UT, 84622
Pricing (Registration ends October 1, 2021 unless sold out)
- Through September 1, 2021- $75
- After September 1, 2021 - $85
Age Limit: 16 and over at time of event (minors under age 18 are permitted to participate as long as a parent/guardian is present throughout the entire duration of the event)
- Token for finishing the event
- Sweatshirt for finishing the event (if you register anytime after September 19, 2020, your finisher sweatshirt may be mailed to you after the event)
- Camping for family, friends and significant others on Friday night (October 1) while you are participating in the event. You are responsible for providing your own camping supplies and food.
- Small assortment of breakfast items after the event is over Saturday morning (October 2) for FEAR participants
Every person must bring the following items. This is mandatory for the success and safety of the event. If you show up without some of these items, you may not be able to participate.
- Pack/ruck to carry your items in
- Minimum dry weight requirement inside your pack before any of the other items listed below including food and water. Men = 30 lb; Women = 20 lb. We recommend a ruck plate of some sort but it's ultimately up to you.
- Headlamp (bring extra batteries)
- Roll of duct tape
- 2 chem lights/glow sticks attached to the outside of your pack/ruck
- Black Sharpie marker
- 50 feet of 550 paracord
- Reflective vest (not a PT belt)
- Pair of work or tactical gloves
- Emergency blanket (the shiny plastic kind)
- Layers of clothing/windbreaker to combat cold or wind
- Government issued ID
- Enough water to get you through the event
- Enough nutrition/food/electrolytes to get you through the event
- An additional minimum of 1 gallon of water with your name on it that we will leave at base camp and will be your source for extra water during the event.
- 5 gallon bucket
- Trowel or something similar (small item that you can dig with). Don't over think it, don't bring something too big and don't spend a lot of money on it if you don't have one (or better yet, borrow from someone).
- One hand written letter from you to FEAR addressing what fears you are facing in life. Fear could be anything: being alone, losing a job, the pandemic, being embarrassed in front of others, anything. It's ultimately up to you what to write. Once you have written the letter, seal it in an envelope and write your name on the front.